Written By: Heather Horn, VP Product Management
FMCSA Clearinghouse Live!
The FMCSA’s (Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration) anticipated Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse went live on January 6, 2020. This database contains information on CDL holders’ drug and alcohol violations.
FMCSA-regulated employers, Medical Review Officers, Substance Abuse Professionals, consortia/third party administrators, now have new reporting requirements. Current and prospective employees’ drug and alcohol violations must be reported to the Clearinghouse per 49 Code of Federal Regulations, parts 40 and 382.
Additionally, the Clearinghouse also requires the following:
- Before permitting new employees to operate a commercial motor vehicle on public roads, employers are required to query the Clearinghouse for drug and alcohol violations.
- A mandatory annual query from the Clearinghouse for each driver they currently employ is required prior to May 1, 2020.
Please visit the FMCSA Clearinghouse site for more information on the Clearinghouse.
How We Can Help:
- Report drug and alcohol violations on your behalf
- Report negative RTD results and successful completion of follow- up testing
- Track and manage driver consent for all operators who must comply with the Clearinghouse
- Conduct full queries on all prospective employees operating with a CDL
- Conduct annual queries on current employees